Missio Dei Lincoln Square - Pastor of Discipleship & Community
Missio Dei Lincoln Square in Chicago, IL started in 2013 as a congregational plant of Missio Dei Chicago. Missio Dei Chicago is a church made of congregations rallying around the singular vision of joining GOD as HE makes all things new. Each congregation is committed to living beyond Sunday gatherings to intentionally engage the holistic needs of their neighborhoods. With local leadership embedded within the neighborhood, the congregation is led by local elders and deacons who provide spiritual direction, specific neighborhood engagement, and systems for pastoral care for the congregation. We desire to raise up another planter from within our congregation to plant another Missio Dei congregation within 3-5 years. Missio Dei holds to the essential Christian doctrines as best expressed in the Apostles’ Creed and the Nicene Creed.
- Model the character of an elder in life and family as taught in the Scriptures.
- A track record of developing leaders
- 2-5 years of ministry experience.
- Be strong at multi-tasking, time management, and prioritizing
- Experience living and working in a diverse urban context
- Ability/openness to raise financial support to supplement the provided salary and benefit package.
The Pastor of Discipleship & Community's primary responsibility is to lead in the vision and direction of making disciples in an urban context through growing and maturing Gospel Communities.
- Gospel Community Leadership | Provide visionary, strategic and servant leadership to seeing Gospel Communities grow, developing and coaching leaders monthly, and reproducing new GCs.
- Preaching | As a member of the preaching team, attend weekly teaching huddle with other MD staff, have influence in annual teaching calendar, and preach on Sundays approximately 10-12 times a year.
- Leadership Development | Partner with elders in shaping and implementing the culture of leadership at Missio Dei.
- Neighborhood Engagement | Resource and support the network of GCs to see “You Are Loved” events, evangelism, and justice advanced while working with elders and deacons to give leadership to church wide initiatives.
- Connection | Leading volunteers in an effective system for newcomers engaging at MD to become full participating partners.
- Pastoral | General counseling & care of partners as needed.
You’re contributing to the church when you...
- Understand the vision and serves in a way that best reflects the mission of the church.
- Establish good lines of communication with vocational elder and leadership.
- Serve humbly and graciously, recognizing the dignity of each person, caring for and upholding them as people who matter to GOD
- Demonstrate passion for the person and mission of Jesus and a commitment to Spirit-filled living.
- Have a servant like and positive attitude in everything you do.
- Continually help us find new and better ways of doing things.
- Like to have fun
- Honestly think it is an honor to be a part of this movement.
This role is a full-time, 40 hour a week position. We anticipate there will be some fundraising required to supplement the salary package provided in order to make this full time.
This position reports directly to the vocational elder in Lincoln Square.
- Paid Vacation
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Retirement Plan
If you believe GOD may be calling you to be a part of Missio Dei Chicago, we invite you to submit the following:
- Send your cover letter and resume to Brian Fulton, [email protected]
- Myers-Briggs testing results, which can be found at this link --> http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp
- Complete the online application at mdlincolnsquare.com/application